Student Success Symposium
NeXt Generation Student Success Symposium
19-21 June 2018 | Barcelona, Spain
Call For Papers
The organizers encourage you to submit your abstracts for NeXt Generation Student Success Symposium. The abstracts should be written in English, the official language of the event. Accepted abstracts will be presented as a poster during the event. If you are selected to provide a poster session in this symposium you will be expected to be in attendance for the duration of the Symposium.
We are currently seeking session presenters for the following topics:
Next Generation Digital Learning Environments:
- Educational ecosystems, infrastructure and services
- Learning resources and tools
- Adaptive systems
- Cognitive technologies and machine learning
- Educational standards and specifications
Next Generation Business Intelligence and Learning Analytics:
- Predictive analytics
- Data management and governance
- Visualization and reporting
- Optimizing institutional operations and practices
Next Generation Education and Career Pathways:
- Learning design (including program and course design).
- Student persistence and completion
- Default scheduling and Academic Pathways
- Competencies, outcomes and skills
- Learning and workforce
Additional themes may be considered if they provide evidence of emerging innovative practices and solutions related to these challenges.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
You must be pre-registered for the Symposium to submit a poster session proposal. Abstracts should be submitted in PDF form to info@DXtera.org no later than 24 April 2018. All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- Abstracts should be based on a key theme listed above.
- All abbreviated terms should be defined upon first reference. Do not use abbreviations in the title.
- Abstracts should be less than 3,500 characters, including spaces.
- All proposals will be reviewed and submitters will receive confirmation of acceptance or declination via email no later than 14 May 2018.
- The deadline for final poster submission (in PDF form) is 4 June 2018.
- All posters must be submitted in PDF form and printed in poster form prior to the symposium. Poster form requirements will be provided if selected.
- If you encounter problems during the submission process or you do not receive a confirmation by email please contact lauren@DXtera.org.
- Accepted posters session will be required to submit a paper (six page maximum, in IEEE format) for publication post-symposium.
Abstracts submission: 24 April 2018 Notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts: 14 May 2018 Final poster and paper submission (PDF version): 4 June 2018 Symposium: 19-20 June 2018
To register for the symposium, visit dxtera.org/student-success-symposium and utilize the passcode NGSSS18. You will receive email updates as additional information is made available. There is no fee for participating in the NeXt Generation Student Success Symposium, and participants are responsible for their own travel, lodging and other associated expenses.
The Scientific Committee represents innovative leaders and practitioners engaged at the Symposium. The committee will review all submissions and select presenters. The committee is comprised of the following members:
- Dr. Dale Allen, DXtera Institute
- Malcolm Brown, EDUCAUSE (Invited)
- Dr. Jordi Conesa, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- Dr. Tristan Denley, University System of Georgia
- Dr. Josep Maria Duart, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- Beth Havinga, German Alliance for Education
- Dr. Richard Irwin, University of Memphis
- Astrid Jaeger, Online Educa Berlin (Invited)
- Jeff Merriman, DXtera Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Dr. A. Perez-Navarro, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- Dr. Tim Renick, Georgia State University
- Dr. Casey Sacks, West Virginia Community and Technical College System
- Dr. Carlo Salerno, Strada Education Network
- Francesc Santanach, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- Steve Vosloo, UNESCO
- Garret Yoshimi, University System of Hawaii