Student Success Symposium
Next Generation By Design Symposium 21-23 May 2019 | Barcelona, Spain
DXtera Institute®, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya and strategic partners (German Alliance for Education, Strada Education Network and EduCloud Alliance) are pleased to announce the Next Generation By Design 2019 Symposium to be held 21-23 May in Barcelona, Spain.
With greater public understanding of the opportunities, limitations and risks associated with today’s most advanced applications, it is time to transform the current market options and lead the industry in a new direction that enables greater control to the consumer. We call this effort Next Generation By Design (NGBD). Our growing, international community is tackling next generation challenges such as enhanced user experience, information ownership and governance, reducing information redundancy, and security of sensitive or private data.
The NGBD Symposium is an invite-only opportunity for innovators, influencers, leaders and investors to come together to explore a shared vision for the Next Generation By Design education environment to transform the delivery education and student success activities in education.
NGBD brings together education industry leaders and practitioners who are actively designing, developing, deploying and promoting next generation software and systems to more effectively support student success.
The symposium is comprised of several, focused, half day sessions that enable learning of innovations from panelists, setting the context with a keynote speaker, and significant time for participant engagement in small group discussions to develop actionable projects to collaboratively transform the market. We intend the NGBD 2019 Symposium to be a collaborative, engaging forum where you can expect:
- To learn and share best practices and emerging trends to transform the education infrastructure
- To participate in collaborative discussions among key leaders and practitioners
- To hear about opportunities to get involved in demonstration projects
- To develop an action plan for creating and promoting the NGBD environment
These topic areas emerged from the 2018 Symposium that have been deployed into international projects. Symposium participants will be engaged in the next phase of development and shared actions. A developing agenda can be found here.
- Scaling the use of artificial intelligence
- Enabling smart demand
- Learner controlled education record
- Fostering Innovation in Education
- Emerging trends to transform the education infrastructure
FEATURED SPEAKERS (click here for speaker bios)
- Scott Fleming, Executive Vice President, Strada Education Network
- Matt Gee, Co-Founder and CEO, Brighthive
- Dr. Àngels Fitó Bertran, Vice President of Competitiveness and Employability, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- Dr. Timo Bechger, Lead Research Scientist, Advanced Psychometrics, ACTNext
- Prof. Mark Brown, Director, National Institute for Digital Learning at Dublin City University
- Teuvo Sankila, Publishing Director, Otava Learning / Otava Publishing Company
- Chris Heron, Chief Executive Officer, Vivagogy
- Michael Bourque, Vice President, Information Technology, Boston College
- Dr. Josep A. Planell, President, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
Brian Co, Senior Vice President, Strada Product Studio, Strada Education Network
Dr. Valtencir Mendes, Project Officer, Education Sector, UNESCO
WHO WILL ATTEND
Those who attend this symposium are invited to collaborate on projects through the DXtera Institute consortium that bring the NGBD environment forward in actionable ways. Invitees will engage with leaders and practitioners from all areas of higher education:
- Researchers and practitioners, both from a technology and a pedagogy background from the education sector
- Educational institution and industry representatives, decision makers, university presidents, and vice presidents
- Managers and directors of education who are interested in promoting these technologies in their institutions
- Education technology entrepreneurs, investors or foundation leaders
- Policymakers and influencers at all levels of government
Passeig de Sant Joan
108 08037 Barcelona, Spain
589-591 AVENIDA DIAGONAL | BARCELONA 08014 | SPAIN
Single – €250 per night
Double – €270 per night
Click HERE to reserve your room.
Must reserve by 12 April, 2019
CATALONIA LA PEDRERA:
Còrsega, 368, 08037, Barcelona
Single – 160€ per night
Double – 180€ per night
Must reserve by April 26
Use the Code NGBD2019 to register