Student Success Symposium
Next Generation By Design Symposium 21-23 May 2019 | Barcelona, Spain
DXtera Institute®, Open University of Catalonia and strategic partners (German Alliance for Education and Strada Education Network) are pleased to announce the Next Generation By Design Symposium to be held 21-23 May in Barcelona, Spain.
Over the past two decades, digital learning environments have emerged as the answer to delivering e-learning by offering a single system of support. With the pervasive reach of the Internet and increasing digital literacy, educational institutions find they now need to offer a digital learning ecosystem rather than a single learning environment. There is now a growing call for diverse and complex educational functions, including assessment, accreditation, personalization, and analytics. New approaches must be designed and offer a wide range of solutions to support newer learning methods and possibilities.
This digital approach means learning and analytic methodologies have and will continue to evolve, and we must prepare for the next generation of learning. Today’s educational systems must be adaptable to prevent their obsolescence.
The Next Generation By Design Symposium is an opportunity for higher education innovators, influencers and investors to come together to explore a shared vision for the Next Generation By Design (NGBD) environment to support student success.
The goal of this symposium is to share what is occurring and to boldly envision the future of NGBD environment or systems that will enable learning environments, business intelligence and learning analytics, and education and career pathways to thrive. We will collectively do this through poster sessions and interactive discussions that illustrate and demonstrate how next-generation digital learning, environments, and analytics, will promote student success.
DXtera and UOC intend the Next Generation By Design Symposium to be a collaborative, engaging forum for:
- sharing best practices
- collaborative discussions among key leaders and practitioners
- developing an action plan for creating and promoting the NGD environment
- Next Generation By Design Integration Scorecard
- EdRec Solution (U.S. Department of Education’s Reimagining the Higher Education Ecosystem Challenge)
- Sandbox presented
- Artificial Intelligence
- Emerging Projects
WHO WILL ATTEND
This symposium is open to innovators, influencers, leaders and entrepreneurs who are seeking to transform the delivery education and student success activities in education. Those who attend this symposium are invited to collaborate on projects through the DXtera Institute consortium that bring the NGBD environment forward in actionable ways.
Invitees will engage with leaders and practitioners from all areas of higher education:
- Researchers and practitioners, both from a technology and a pedagogy background from the education sector
- Educational institution and industry representatives, decision makers, university presidents, and vice presidents
- Managers and directors of education who are interested in promoting these technologies in their institutions
- Education technology entrepreneurs, investors or foundation leaders
- Policymakers and influencers at all levels of government
Registration for the 2019 NGBD Symposium will open February 2019.
Passeig de Sant Joan
108 08037 Barcelona, Spain
More information about where to stay will be available in 2019.