Enterprise Authorization Management
Data is exploding on campuses and making proper use of it is essential. Certain core data such as Financial, Student and HR, is sensitive, and needs to be managed carefully, but you can’t confidently distribute data to the users without knowing what they have access to. However, since using data effectively is a key to success, you want to make it easy for employees to access the data they need.
What are the characteristics of an optimal authorization process?
- It should be easy to request access to data you need to do your job.
- It should be easy to determine who has access to what sensitive information.
- Authorizations should be easy to understand
- Authorization decisions should be recorded
- Authorizations should be consistent across systems
Learn more about why authorization is important in Scott Thorne’s Enterprise Authorization White Paper.
DXtera Can Help
If you are interested in improving your business authorization strategy, DXtera can help.Contact Us