DXtera Institute®, Open University of Catalonia and strategic partners (German Alliance for Education and Strada Education Network) are pleased to announce the Next Generation Student Success Symposium to be held 19-21 June in Barcelona, Spain.
Over the past two decades, digital learning environments have emerged as the answer to delivering e-learning by offering a single system of support. With the pervasive reach of the Internet and increasing digital literacy, educational institutions find they now need to offer a digital learning ecosystem rather than a single learning environment. There is now a growing call for diverse and complex educational functions, including assessment, accreditation, personalization, and analytics. New approaches must be designed and offer a wide range of solutions to support newer learning methods and possibilities.
This digital approach means learning and analytic methodologies have and will continue to evolve, and we must prepare for the next generation of learning. Today’s educational systems must be adaptable to prevent their obsolescence.
The Next Generation Student Success Symposium is an opportunity for higher education innovators, influencers and investors to come together to explore a shared vision for the Next Generation Digital (NGD) environment to support student success.
The goal of this symposium is to share what is occurring and to boldly envision the future of NGD environment or systems that will enable learning environments, business intelligence and learning analytics, and education and career pathways to thrive. We will collectively do this through poster sessions and interactive discussions that illustrate and demonstrate how next-generation digital learning, environments, and analytics, will promote student success.
DXtera and UOC intend the Next Generation Student Success Symposium to be a collaborative, engaging forum for:
- sharing best practices
- collaborative discussions among key leaders and practitioners
- developing an action plan for creating and promoting the NGD environment
Interested in sharing information about your work at the Symposium? View information about our Call for Papers.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Next Generation Digital Learning Environments:
- Educational ecosystems, infrastructure and services
- Learning resources and tools
- Adaptive systems
- Cognitive technologies and machine learning
- Educational standards and specifications
Next Generation Business Intelligence and Learning Analytics:
- Predictive analytics
- Data management and governance
- Visualization and reporting
- Optimizing institutional operations and practices
Next Generation Education and Career Pathways:
- Learning design (including program and course design).
- Student persistence and completion
- Default scheduling and Academic Pathways
- Competencies, outcomes and skills
- Learning and workforce
Additional themes may be considered if they provide evidence of emerging innovative practices and solutions related to these challenges.
WHO WILL ATTEND
This symposium is open to innovators, influencers, leaders and entrepreneurs who are seeking to transform the delivery education and student success activities in education. We intend this convening to be the beginning of a multi-year engagement from a growing group of members and participating entities all focused on creating and promoting the NGD learning environment. Those who attend this symposium are invited to collaborate on projects through the DXtera Institute consortium that bring the NGD environment forward in actionable ways.
Invitees will engage with leaders and practitioners from all areas of higher education:
- Researchers and practitioners, both from a technology and a pedagogy background from the education sector. This may include higher education and secondary level practitioners.
- Educational institution and industry representatives, decision makers, university presidents, and vice presidents
- Managers and directors of education who are interested in promoting these technologies in their institutions.
- Education technology entrepreneurs, investors or foundation leaders.
- Influencers of policy at the governmental level of State, System or Ministry.
Register for the symposium today – space is limited for this exciting event. Confirmed attendees will receive email updates as additional information is made available.